View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:52 pm

[Leverage] The Robin Hood Job 
Webslinger

Post [Leverage] The Robin Hood Job
The rich and powerful, they take what they want. We steal it back for you. Sometimes, bad guys make the best good guys. We provide...leverage.

A grifter, a hitter, a hacker, a thief and a mastermind walk into a bar. It's not a joke. It's a way of picking up where the law left off. Four expert criminals and the guy who used to chase them for a living, working to punish the rich and powerful for their crimes against the powerless, and make sure the people who suffered get what's theirs. None of them are perfect. All of them are damaged. But together, they're more than the sum of their parts.

Five players period, each a master of one of the five roles: the mastermind who does the planning and coordination, the hacker who takes down firewalls and grabs information, the grifter who talks her way past the mark, the hitter who takes down the muscle, and the thief who does the infiltration and retrieval. All of them may have some experience in other areas, but they each have their niche. I may just use the original cast for this, unless you guys really want to make your own characters.

Basic idea's a one-shot using the official Cortex RPG and quickstart kit. If you guys like it, we can pull a few more jobs and see how it goes. No particular timeframe in mind, though I'll probably pick up the core rulebook soon-ish and already have the quickstart in PDF.

Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:44 pm
Deadlier Than You

Post Re: [Leverage] The Robin Hood Job
I don't really know anything about Leverage--I've never seen it--so my interest in this one is pretty low. I'm more interested in that Supernatural game you mentioned, really. The...New Orleans one, was it? Or Pacific Northwest? Either way, really!

Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:48 pm
Webslinger

New Orleans and the south in general, yeah -- the Pacific Northwest was an earlier pitch, but I think the South may be more fertile ground. I'm debating whether I want to do that before I've actually visited New Orleans, but I suppose five or six days in N'awlins won't necessarily tell me much I can't look up. :P

Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:54 pm
Webslinger

Also, you should watch it. It's good! There are a few episodes on the TNT website and it's usually not too continuity-heavy...some characters pop up more than once, and there's some character development over time, but it's not like, say, Lost or Mad Men where it keeps building on itself. I'm most of the way through Season 2 now and I love it.

Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:57 pm
Just Say PortmanNo

It really is a good show; very fun, not continuity-heavy at all. And according to Amanda(and maybe Mike), the guy who plays Eliot(Christian Kane, who played Lindsay on Angel) is dreamy. So, y'know, it's got that going for it too.

Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:14 pm
Webslinger

That's Christian Kane, who was previously on Angel, so you may already be familiar with his work. :) He was Lindsey McDonald, the sometimes-evil lawyer.

Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:18 pm