View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:13 pm

[Supernatural] Born on the Bayou 
Webslinger

Post [Supernatural] Born on the Bayou
This land's a haunted land. A bloody land. Battlefields where the dead still walk, trees where they still swing in the breeze, cities still ravaged by fire and flood. Swamps filled with death and hoodoo, houses where a man's hopes can be won or lost, fields where the devil dances. This land was old and mean before anyone ever got here. You got all the usual ghosts and witches and demons, sure, but out on the bayou, deep in the woods, down in the heart of New Orleans, you're gonna see stuff you never imagined. Shit that'll haunt your nightmares for as long as you live. Good news is, that may not be so long.

This land doesn't go easy on hunters. Truth to tell, it doesn't go too easy on anyone. But by God, it's ours, and we're keeping it.

Supernatural in the American South, using the licensed RPG, likely with Smallville's rules for relationships and collaborative setting building hacked in. Four to six players, starting sometime after PAX, and I'm flexible on the number of sessions. Characters will be Rookies -- I think I may start with the event that makes 'em hunters, but either way, they'll be green, though some may have a connection to more experienced hunters.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:40 pm
Deadlier Than You

Post Re: [Supernatural] Born on the Bayou
I'd be interested :) Open-ended or set number of sessions?

Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:41 pm
Webslinger

Whoops! I meant to say I'm flexible on the number of sessions, which would've answered your question. I don't have a set number in mind.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:42 pm
Deadlier Than You

Cool.

(Also I posted a game idea at about the exact time you were, so, don't miss it!)

Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:56 pm
Gentleman Scholar

I've been missing gaming on Sundays. Is this game or Katie's starting up anytime soon?

The character idea I sent Katie should work just as well (if not more so?) in the bayou: back country sort, wanders around doing odd jobs (carpentry, blacksmithing, etc.), not a lot of formal education but a skilled (mundane) hunter/tracker.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:10 am
Profile WWW
Deadlier Than You

As seems to always happen when I think I might be able to run a game, I've become mired in other things and definitely can't spare the time or attention to running one.

I leave commenting on this one to Autumn's discretion as she's the GM--the idea was posted to other lists, so we've got people not from the boards in on it but I've lost track of who's in and who's realized they can't dedicate the time to it right now.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:05 am
Webslinger

We're currently full up with a waiting list, though I suspect at least two more people may drop off. I might be able to squeeze you in if that happens. I'll have to see.

But the current plan is a one-shot on May 8th to introduce the system, maaaaaybe character creation on May 15th (haven't proposed this to the list yet), and then the first actual session...I guess May 29th or June 5th, perhaps. Depends on whether or not people are available on Memorial Day weekend.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:12 am