View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:51 pm

Board Games 

Post Board Games
So, uh. A bunch of threads were deleted (I think?), so if it's ok, I'm going to reopen the discussion of a board games night.

Basically, I'd like to have one :) And I'd particularly like if it was scheduled for the weekend of Memorial Day (either May 29th or 30th). But that's certainly flexible, if not enough people are available then.

I can't host, unfortunately. That said, I'm attending a board games night tomorrow evening at Diesel in Davis Square, so maybe that's a possibility?

I don't own many games (and most of them are still in Brooklyn), but I could bring both original and Zombie Fluxx, as well as a bunch of Magic the Gathering cards. There are also loads of free (as in beer) games available online that can be printed.

sullen

Last edited by sullencookie on Wed May 19, 2010 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 19, 2010 6:05 pm
Webslinger

Post Re: Board Games
Don't worry about it, it's fine -- I was just clearing out the one-shots and such that I'm not really looking to run at this point. Anyone here is more than welcome to use this forum to recruit for any game they like.

As far as a board game day, it's looking like I won't be free Memorial Day weekend and I definitely won't be tomorrow, but I might be up for it another time. Diesel might be a bit crowded, but we might be able to find some space at Your Move Games or Pandemonium.

Wed May 19, 2010 6:11 pm
Deadlier Than You

Those days are looking already busy for me as well, but I would be up for board games at some point! :)

My arsenal includes:
- Fluxx (original)
- Fact or Crap
- Betrayal at House on the Hill
- Settlers of Catan (which I've yet to learn how to play)
- Smallworld (which technically is Brandon's, but it's home seems to be a my place regardless)
- Encore

Wed May 19, 2010 7:09 pm
Gentleman Scholar

We literally have shelves and shelves of games. Here's the short list:

Apples to Apples
Bananagrams
Cults Across America*
Dominion (& Dominion: Intrigue)
Fluxx (& Zombie Fluxx)
Girl Genius: The Works
The Great Dalmuti
Munchkin Cthulhu
Mythos (CCG)
Necronomonopoly*
Plague & Pestilence
Puerto Rico
Race for the Galaxy (w/ 2 expansions)
Scrabble
Torches & Pitchforks
Unspeakable Words
Walk the Plank*
Whack a Catgirl

And a large number of Cheapass Games, including (original) Kill Doctor Lucky, Give Me the Brain, and others.

* Erika and I haven't had a chance to play these yet, but would like to try them sometime.

Fri May 21, 2010 12:16 pm
Profile WWW
Webslinger

Somewhere I have a BoardGameGeek profile but I'd have to look it up. Off the top of my head, I have:

Betrayal at House on the Hill
Fluxx (plus Zombie Fluxx)
Gloom (plus all expansions as far as I know)
Kill Dr. Lucky (deluxe edition, plus Dr. Lucky's Little Dog and the Director's Cut board)
Once Upon A Time (but I think I'm missing a card or two)
Save Dr. Lucky
Three-Dragon Ante

Fri May 21, 2010 12:24 pm
Foooor Narnia

I'll have to look up what I have, but it's not a lot. The ones I know I have are as follows:

Funny Friends
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Board Game
Zombies

I've got some others, but I haven't played them or can't remember the names.

Fri May 21, 2010 12:45 pm

I heart zombie fluxx!! I also have "We Didn't Playtest This At All" which I adore and makes a great palate cleanser between any even moderately sensible games. I would also love to play some Gloom. I own it but haven't had anyone to play it with for *so long.* Recent deaths in the family can make Gloom feel a little less appropriate as a family game. :doh:

Partial List: Red Dwarf, X-Files, Torchwood, Spaced, MST3K, The Prisoner, Kolchak, J. Tiptree Jr., C. M. Valente, S. R. Delaney, V. Woolf, P. K. Dick, H. P. Lovecraft, The Dogs by R. Brown, Ovid, Marge Piercy, The Company of Wolves, Romero, Miyazaki

Thu May 27, 2010 6:41 am
Profile WWW
Deadlier Than You

I got to play "We Didn't Playtest This" at PAX it was very fun and silly. And quick! I'd love to play it again.

Hm...we're taking a pass on this weekend, and next is the WW finale, so what about a game day somewhere on the 13th?

Thu May 27, 2010 10:41 am
Webslinger

Sure, I reckon I could be down with that.

Thu May 27, 2010 10:45 am

The 13th works for Amdi and me. (Or any weekend through July 4th).

Thu May 27, 2010 10:46 am

So we're saying June 13th? I need to check w/ the partner but as of now that looks like a clear day for me!

Partial List: Red Dwarf, X-Files, Torchwood, Spaced, MST3K, The Prisoner, Kolchak, J. Tiptree Jr., C. M. Valente, S. R. Delaney, V. Woolf, P. K. Dick, H. P. Lovecraft, The Dogs by R. Brown, Ovid, Marge Piercy, The Company of Wolves, Romero, Miyazaki

Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:51 am
Profile WWW

Turns out we won't be able to make it on the 13th, after all :(

Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:31 am
Webslinger

I'm a maybe for this week, due to a lot of factors -- including me probably having to work for a few hours over the weekend -- but as far as time and venue, what about Sunday afternoon at Pandemonium Books & Games? It's right on the Red Line, has a fair bit of space, and probably won't be too crowded on Sundays...at least I hope not.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:46 am
Webslinger

I think I'm going to have to change that 'might not make it this week' to a 'definitely won't make it this week,' and Katie's e-mailed me to say much the same. :( Sorry, folks. Maybe some other time in the near future.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:09 pm
Deadlier Than You

Yeah, sorry guys--between traveling, roommate's birthday, and other Sunday evening plans, I could just really use that morning/afternoon for some downtime for myself. :/

Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:15 pm