View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:57 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 (One Shots) The Discussioning! 
Foooor Narnia

Post Re: (One Shots) The Discussioning!
It's been so long since I've played 2E. I recall it being pretty fun and less tied to a battle mat than 3E.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:24 pm
Just Say PortmanNo

I'm not really a fan of AD&D 2nd, honestly. Although, like you, that might be the memories of it being frustrating and complicated when I was younger.

Thrash, I'm not sure if it's your cup of tea, Tim. Very fast-paced and action-oriented.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:23 pm
Webslinger

Hrm, all right. Will probably convert anything I care to do with my old AD&D books to another system, then; good to know.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:29 pm

I'm open to just about anything, but I'd particularly like to play Trail of Cthulhu :)

Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:02 pm

I'm with sullencookie on this one. I'm open to whatever, but Trail of Cthulu is calling to me!

Other than that I'm ignorant re: the nuances of the various game systems you're debating and it doesn't seem like there are plans for a big backstory-knowledge prerequisite for anything... though of course I know my Trek, G-buster & Buffy-verses pretty well and I'm happy to watch or read anything to "catch up" in advance of a one-off. (Though I did just finished Y: The Last Man & The Year of The Flood so any avoidance of extreme, gloomy post-apocalyptic dystopias is probably best for my mental state.) ;)

Partial List: Red Dwarf, X-Files, Torchwood, Spaced, MST3K, The Prisoner, Kolchak, J. Tiptree Jr., C. M. Valente, S. R. Delaney, V. Woolf, P. K. Dick, H. P. Lovecraft, The Dogs by R. Brown, Ovid, Marge Piercy, The Company of Wolves, Romero, Miyazaki

Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:18 pm
Profile WWW
Deadlier Than You

Okay, so...which game should we shoot for trying on the 16th? The Dr. Who one-shot and Mecha Robots one-shot are both being discussed for it so far. Odradek expressed interest in both and not being available on Sundays til then, so I'd be okay with deferring to whichever one she (he? I don't recall your real name off the top of my head!) is more interested in if there's a not a huge preference from the rest of us.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:57 am
Webslinger

Well, here's what I think I'd like to do at this point:

May 2nd: Board Game/Movie Day
May 9th: Teenagers With Attitude (Mutants and Masterminds)
May 16th: ???
May 23rd: Confluence (Doctor Who: AITAS)

I could possibly run Confluence the week after Teenagers, but I don't want to hog the one-shots or anything. If Mike would like to run Star Wars then, or Owen would like to run Trail of Cthulhu, I would be down for that.

We generally start at around 3 pm, sometimes a bit earlier, so depending on your Sunday schedule, Obradek/Alisia (however you prefer we refer to you here, really!), you won't have to get up too early on the 9th to join us. :)

Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:06 am
Foooor Narnia

I'm still working out the whole Star Wars thing. I'm trying to find some old game idea notes I stored somewhere in my apartment which had a much more outlined plot than what I can remember in my head right now.

I also have the remainder of the All Flesh game to finish if people are still interested.

Another note, which depends on Erika and Tim's availability when their kids are away. But, knowing Erika is interested in 4E and knowing we have an NPC Dragonborn aboard our "mobile opression fortress," would it be possible to run some of that campaign in the near future?

Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:45 am
Webslinger

Sure, I could do that. I'll want to sit down with you guys and figure out where you're headed, but yeah.

We could definitely stick some AFMBE in there somewhere, too -- put it on the 2nd, maybe, or on the 9th or 16th or something. The AFMBE game can handle people drifting in and out, right?

Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:50 am
Foooor Narnia

More or less, yeah. It's easy enough to rip a template out of one of the book of archetypes and give that to a new player.

As For Eberron, shoot out an e-mail and we can probably has that out in G-Mail.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:49 pm
Webslinger

So, an alternative schedule...

May 2nd: All Flesh Must Be Eaten
May 9th: Board Game Day
May 16th: Mutants & Masterminds (Teenagers With Attitude)
May 23rd: Doctor Who (Confluence)

?

Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:51 pm
Deadlier Than You

Works for me at least. I probably won't be around for Mother's Day (9th) either.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:55 pm
Webslinger

Oh, right, that's a thing. Generally my family's Mother's Day ceremonies aren't too complex, but...yeah. We could skip that day as well...what does everyone's Memorial Day weekend look like?

Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:03 pm
Deadlier Than You

Oh! And also, I can't game on the 23rd. I'll be on my way back from a wedding in upstate NY that day.

No idea re: Memorial Day right now. But BBQs, they do tend to pop up.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:06 pm
Webslinger

Bahhhhh. Okay. May 16th, Teenagers With Attitude, definitely. Doctor Who might get pushed back to the end of May or sometime in June. No idea what I'm gonna do with Ghostfacers yet.

But yeah, we could stick a couple board game days in there, a board game day + a one-shot you're not so interested in (Ghostbusters comes to mind, though again, that's me running potentially several weeks in a row and I don't want to hog the one-shots), or any combination thereof. Right now I'd say we could nail down Mutants & Masterminds on the 16th, anyway.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:10 pm

Hooray giant robots on the 16th!

And Alisia is fine (pronounced: uh-LEE-see-uh). I just use Odradek online a lot 'cause it's my favorite character from Kafka.

As far as "he" vs. "she" for me from your earlier post Autumn... I identify as genderqueer so... speaker's choice! LOL! (but really, "she" is fine...) :)

Partial List: Red Dwarf, X-Files, Torchwood, Spaced, MST3K, The Prisoner, Kolchak, J. Tiptree Jr., C. M. Valente, S. R. Delaney, V. Woolf, P. K. Dick, H. P. Lovecraft, The Dogs by R. Brown, Ovid, Marge Piercy, The Company of Wolves, Romero, Miyazaki

Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:10 pm
Profile WWW
Just Say PortmanNo

So, with Werewolf wrapping on Saturday, I think I'm gonna take at least a few weeks off; I have a one-shot planned for some other friends that I need to finish up on before I really delve into getting something else going, but what would people be interested in playing?

Mon May 10, 2010 1:40 pm
Deadlier Than You

I really really really want to get a chance to play Supernatural already!

Mon May 10, 2010 1:52 pm
Webslinger

I do have an idea for Supernatural, and will probably have an idea for Dresden Files once I get the hardcopies...I've been holding back because, well, I've already pitched a couple campaigns, I'm probably going to be doing Eberron once Erika's available and it seemed like everyone wanted to get away from modern horror/fantasy for a while.

Mon May 10, 2010 2:11 pm
Deadlier Than You

Well, even if it's a one-shot, I'd really like to get a chance at that sooner rather than later, personally.

Mon May 10, 2010 3:08 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next